John’s coaching career has been incredibly fortunate, allowing him to work with many different active individuals and athletes. He began in sports performance training, including lacrosse, soccer and baseball, as well as running and endurance events.
In 2003, John discovered CrossFit while working as a trainer in Washington, DC, where in 2009, he founded CrossFit MPH, one of the first affiliates in the city. John also helped establish CrossFit Walter Reed at the National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD, training adaptive athletes returning home with injuries from military service. He taught at Reebok CrossFit ONE at Reebok’s world headquarters in Canton, MA, and he helped open CrossFit KLEW in Somerset, NJ. John also spent several years as a Head Trainer on CrossFit HQ’s Seminar Staff, and for the past 11 years, he has coached eight-time CrossFit Games athlete, Christy Adkins.
- Certified CrossFit Coach (CF-L4)
- Specialty Seminars: Endurance, Football, CrossFit Kids, Movement & Mobility, Running
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach
- POSE Level 2 Running Technique and Training Specialist
- National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Performance Enhancement Specialist
- Corrective Exercise Specialist